LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 1, 2023
CALIFORNIA NOTICE AT COLLECTION
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (“Konami,” “we,” or “us”) are collecting your Personal Information pursuant to this California Notice at Collection (“Notice”) to support our business operations, including for the business purposes listed below.
We will not sell the Personal Information, including any Sensitive Personal Information, we collect. We also will not share it with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We may collect the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information categories listed in the following chart.
Categories of Personal Information
Identifiers, such as name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers such as device ID, IP address, and Government ID number such as Social Security number, driver’s license number and passport number.
|Personal information as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, signature, postal address, telephone number, financial account or policy number, Government ID number such as Social Security number, driver’s license number and passport number, physical characteristics or description, professional or employment related information, medical information, financial information, and insurance information.|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, gender, medical conditions, marital status, sex race, disability, national origin.|
|Commercial Information, such as purchase history and transaction information.|
|Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, search history and interactions with our online properties or ads.|
|Geolocation Data, such as device location, and approximate location derived from IP address.|
|Audio/Video Data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as photos, and audio/video recordings.|
|Sensitive Personal Information.||Citizenship, immigration status, racial or ethnic origin.|
|Account log-in information (for our website/services).|
|Contents of mail, email, and text messages unless Konami is the intended recipient of the communication.|
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect and use Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including to:
· Develop, improve, operate, repair, and maintain our products and services;
· Provide customer support and respond to requests for information;
· Manage customer and supplier relationships;
· Advertise and market our products and services, and personalize user experiences;
· Conduct research, analytics, and data analysis;
· Operate and maintain our facilities and infrastructure;
· Undertake quality and safety assurance measures, and conduct security control and monitoring;
· Detect and prevent fraud and perform identity verification;
· Facilitate and implement any reorganization, financing transaction, merger, sale, joint venture, partnership, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
· Perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; and
· Maintain records, comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims.
Purposes for the Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Subject to your consent where required by applicable law, we may use Sensitive Personal Information for purposes of performing services for our business, providing goods or services as requested by you, ensuring security and integrity, short term transient use such as displaying first party, non-personalized advertising, order processing and fulfillment, servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, and activities relating to quality and safety control or product improvement.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
· The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services) and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
· Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
· Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us at https://us-support.konami.com/ or 1-866-444-6528.