Information Handling Policy
- When you apply for an ID in connection with usage of Konami services, or when you participate in campaigns, trade fairs, private showings, or other events held by Konami.
Your name, address or other residence information, telephone number, email address, date of birth, sex, blood type, country of residence, country of origin, occupation, language of use, credit card number and other payment information, nickname, questions for verifying a password and corresponding responses, and other information needed for issuing various IDs and accepting applications for participation.
- When you purchase or use Konami products or services, or when viewing a Konami website.
- Your browsing history as it relates to Konami websites, your internet usage environment, including device identification data, IP address, approximate location data derived from your IP address, and language selection used to browse the websites, history of product and service selection and purchase, and product and service usage.
- Konami may collect the following information when you purchase and/or use our games or other products and services through your computer, a game device having a communication function, or a cell phone or other mobile handset.
OS information and model name as related to the above device or handset; identifier; ID assigned by the other companies, including Apple, Google, DeNA, GREE, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Microsoft, Nintendo, or other company that offers game platforms; game play records, game play results, records of charges assessed; location information obtainable from mobile handsets; information related to viewing of advertisements and publicity, etc.
- When you respond to a survey from Konami:
Items which require responses in survey format, including your name, address or other contact information, and the content of your responses.
- When you contact Konami’s customer service desk or customer support desk and Konami responds to your request:
Information Konami requires in order to respond to your request, including your name, address or other contact information, content of the request, content of the response, and other information needed for subsequent continued response.
- Konami may receive your Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties.
Konami uses collected Information for the following purposes.
- To permit you to use our Digital Entertainment Business products and services and to provide you with related customer service.
- To save data to allow continued use of games, let you play against other players, create rankings that reflect game results, and otherwise provide Konami products and services.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To provide you with information on Konami products and services, including updates to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To send you notices of events planned and held by Konami, such as campaigns, exhibitions, and private viewings, to send prizes and giveaways, to operate other events, to provide advertising, publicity, and marketing tailored to your tastes and interests, and to otherwise market Konami products and services to you.
- To accept payments for provision of Konami products and services and to fulfill your purchase.
- To request opinions and feedback from you on Konami products and services, including through surveys.
- To respond to questions and inquiries from you.
- To prepare statistical documentation.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through our services.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate, under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence:(a) to comply with legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Message Boards and Similar Functions
Your Information may be disclosed by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Any Information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be careful when deciding to disclose any Information on our services.
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of our services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the services by writing to https://www.konami.com/games/inquiry/privacy/en/. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
Konami may provide Information that does not allow identification of specific individuals to persons such as amusement facility operators, for use when sending notices of campaigns or other events they are planning or holding, when sending prizes and giveaways, when holding other events, or when providing advertising, publicity, and marketing tailored to your tastes and interests.
You can let us know when you want to stop receiving marketing emails by following the “unsubscribe” link in those emails.
Access Request; Contact Information
If you have any questions, would like to receive a copy of the Information we hold about you, or believe we are holding inaccurate Information about you, you can contact us at https://www.konami.com/games/inquiry/privacy/en/. Please note that requests for access to your Information may be subject to a fee to meet our costs:
We may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which our websites or services link. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.