Last Updated: 25/08/2022
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. (“Konami”) appreciates your interest in Konami’s application entitled “eFootball™ 2023” (together with any Materials, as defined below, the “Application”). By accessing or using the Application, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions (“Konami Terms”) in addition to the terms and conditions provided by Platformers (“Platform Terms”). If you do not agree to Konami Terms and Platform Terms, you may not access or use the Application. Please note that Konami is not affiliated with Platformers, has no control over Platform Terms and is not responsible for Platformer’s acts or omissions and that Konami is solely responsible for the Application, not Platformers. For the purpose of these terms, “Platformers” means the provider of the Platform, and the “Platform” means the platform through which you access or use the Application.
YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE OF LEGAL CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO KONAMI TERMS OR, IF YOU ARE NOT, (1) THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT, OR (2) THAT YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN ACTED ON YOUR BEHALF, TO ENTER INTO KONAMI TERMS.
Konami may modify Konami Terms periodically. In such a case, Konami will indicate to you within the Application that it intends to modify Konami Terms, and unless otherwise stipulated, the modifications will come into effect when you agree to the modifications upon first using the Application after such modifications. If you do not agree to such modifications, you may no longer use the Application.
1. Children Under 13: If you are under 13 years old, you are not eligible to access or use the Application unless Platform Terms allow you to access and use the Platform. You may use the Application only in accordance with Platform Terms and Konami Terms.
2. Intellectual Property and Licence. The Application, including information and materials available in the Application, which may include video games and other software applications, and all components thereof such as audio-visual materials, Virtual Currency (as defined below) and Virtual Goods (as defined below) (collectively, “Materials”) are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, which are owned and controlled by Konami, its affiliated or related entities or its or their third-party content licensors or suppliers.
Subject to your compliance with Konami Terms, Konami hereby grants to you a personal, limited, revocable non-transferable licence to access and use the Application and Materials solely as incorporated therein, solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes. Nothing contained in the Application grants or should be construed as granting any licence or right to make commercial use of any Materials or other Konami or third-party copyrighted materials, trademarks or intellectual property without Konami’s prior written permission.
Konami may also modify, suspend, discontinue or prohibit you from accessing the Application (or any portion of the Application) at any time, for any or no reason and without notice. In such instances, your licence to access and use Materials (including any Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods) shall be automatically terminated or suspended, as applicable. Konami shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to you in connection with such termination or suspension.
“eFootball™ logo”, “eFootball™” and “e-Football” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Konami in Japan and other countries and regions.
3. Rules of Conduct. While using the Application, you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Konami expects users of the Application to respect the rights and dignity of others. In addition to other terms and conditions of Konami Terms, your use of the Application is conditioned upon your compliance with rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your licence to use and access the Application. You agree that you will not:
• Post, transmit or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Application:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary rights without the express prior consent of the owner of such right; (f) related to alcohol or the sale of tobacco products, ammunition or firearms; or (g) related to wagering or gambling.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as “hacking”, “cracking” or “phreaking.”
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is potentially harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letter”, “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
- Any material, non-public information about a company without proper authorization to do so.
• Use the Application for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
• Attempt to gain for yourself or any other person any unfair advantage with respect to use of the Application, including use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software, or by exploiting any bugs or errors in the Application. You also agree not to inform any person (other than Konami) of such bugs or errors.
• Use the Application in connection with designing or assisting in the design of cheats, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software.
• Use the Application to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Application.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of Konami; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Application; or express or imply that Konami endorses any statement that you make.
• Interfere with or disrupt operation of the Application or servers or networks used to make the Application available, including without limitation taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load upon the Application or upon such servers or networks; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
• Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Application (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Application).
• Use the Application to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services.
• License, sublicense, transfer, assign, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of or access to the Application.
• Reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, broadcast, make derivative works of, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Application without Konami’s prior approval.
• Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Application or materials originating from the Application.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Application without Konami’s express prior written consent.
• Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Materials.
• Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape”, “data mine” or in any way gather Materials or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application without Konami’s express prior written consent.
• Prostitute a child, exploit a child for pornography or engage in acts likely to constitute child abuse; or engage in acts that will or may have a bad influence on or encourage bad behaviour among minors (including encouraging minors to drink, smoke or gamble, posting information relating to the adult or sex entertainment industry and soliciting minors to access sites inappropriate for use by minors).
• Engage in acts that encourage or assist suicide or drug abuse, or any act leading to meetings for the purpose of sexual or obscene acts.
• Seek a relationship with another person, or engage in acts that Konami determines is made for the main purpose of causing a relationship (including relationships, acts and socializing limited to within the Application).
• Post or ask for information that can identify or enable direct access to an individual (such as a telephone number, e-mail address and SNS service account).
• Campaign for Pre-election campaign, campaign or participate in politics or other similar acts.
• Post, publish, collect or accumulate personal information of third parties (including addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, credit card numbers and account numbers).
• Conduct real money trading, convert Account IDs, data, characters or items in the Application into cash, purchase or sale of property or information through the foregoing or any act or statement comparable to the foregoing.
• Unless explicitly permitted by Konami, assign, exchange, lend or license data, characters or items in the Application, or act or state something comparable to the foregoing.
• Use any program defects of the Application or any other problematic phenomenon or effect to gain a benefit or for other improper purpose.
• Engage in any act that instigates, encourages or abets any acts set forth in this Section.
• Engage in any other acts Konami determines to be inappropriate.
4. Purchases of Virtual Goods. The Application may provide you with an opportunity to purchase personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable licences to access and use virtual goods (collectively, “Virtual Goods”) solely within the Application and solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes. These purchases may be made using virtual currency (e.g., virtual coins, tokens, or points) (“Virtual Currency”) earned or purchased through the Application or from one of Konami’s approved third-party virtual currency providers. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Konami Terms or in the Application, you agree that you have no right or title to any Materials, including without limitation any Virtual Goods and/or “earned” or “purchased” Virtual Currency, and that such Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Currency do not constitute or represent any balance of real currency or other stored value or its equivalent. Konami reserves the right to terminate or suspend such licenses at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice to you. Konami shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to you in connection with such terminations or suspensions, except to the extent required by applicable law. You may not sublicense, lease, lend, sell, gift, bequeath, trade, transfer or provide use or access to any Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Currency, except as expressly provided by Konami, and any such act or attempted act is prohibited and void. You shall not attempt to use or access any Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Currency that you have not personally licensed or acquired from us or from one of Konami’s approved third-party currency providers. If you leave a balance of purchased Virtual Currency unused for a period of time or if we terminate or suspend your access to and/or use of the Application, we may process your balance in accordance with Konami’s legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your purchased Virtual Currency balance to the appropriate governing body where required by applicable law.
6. Accounts and Passwords. You may be required to register in order to access certain Materials or areas of the Application or to purchase licences to Virtual Goods. With respect to any such registration, Konami may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, an Account ID (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that personally identifies you; that violates intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that Konami rejects for any other reason in Konami’s sole discretion. You may not register an Account ID on behalf of any other individual. You represent and warrant that all information you submit in connection with any registration (including without limitation information related to your identity) is accurate and complete, and that you have not been previously restricted from accessing or using any Konami website or other Konami Internet property or any Konami game or other application.
Your Account ID and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person. You may not sublicense, lease, lend, sell, gift, bequeath, trade, transfer or provide use or access to any Account IDs or passwords or associated account settings (including any game-related information), except as expressly provided by Konami, and any such act or attempted act is prohibited and void. You shall not attempt to use or access the Application with any Account ID or password that you did not personally register with Konami. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access Materials or areas of the Application, and you are fully responsible for all interactions with the Application that occur in connection with your password or Account ID (including, without limitation, all Transactions, as defined above). You agree to immediately notify Konami of any unauthorized use of your password or Account ID or any other breach of security related to your account or to the Application, and to make reasonable efforts to remedy such breaches (including any breaches relating to known or suspected copyright infringement in connection with the Application), and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Application (if applicable) at the end of each session. Konami is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
7. Saved Data. Konami does not warrant that data and record of your use of the Application (“Saved Data”) will be preserved without error or will be read out without fail. You agree that you have been advised in advance that, in the event that Konami finds it necessary to maintain operations of the Application or if Konami determines in its sole discretion that it is against many users’ interest, Konami may add, modify or make changes (including deletion) to Saved Data without obtaining your prior approval. Konami reserves the right to delete Saved Data that is not used for a long period of time.
8. Monitoring, Deleting and Blocking. Konami reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor and, in its sole discretion, to delete any materials and postings or to block (or request that Platformers block) users who have posted materials or acted in a manner, in each case, that Konami believes to violate Konami Terms or to be unsuitable for the Application. Konami’s decision not to pursue legal action for any violation of Konami Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of Konami Terms or of Konami’s legal rights. Konami also reserves the right to disclose any posting, the circumstances surrounding its transmission, and the identity of the poster, including without limitation in order to operate the Application properly, to protect Konami, its affiliated companies and other Application users, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
9. Questions About Konami’s Products or Services. The Application may not be the most effective way to inform us that you need help with one of Konami’s products or services. The method for making any inquiries concerning the Application is stipulated in the Application. If you would like to inform us about a specific problem, please contact us according to such method. Konami is not responsible or liable for any information it provides in response to, or for any failure or delay in responding to, any questions, comments or other materials posted to the Application.
10. Sweepstakes, Contests and Similar Promotions. Any sweepstakes, contest, raffles and other promotions made available through the Application (“Promotion”) may be governed by specific rules that are separate from Konami Terms. By participating in any such Promotion, you agree to become subject to those rules, which may vary from terms and conditions set forth herein. With respect to any Promotion, in the event of any conflict between terms and conditions of such Promotion and Konami Terms, terms and conditions of such Promotions shall govern.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. Konami makes no guarantees or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Application. Your access to and use of the Application is at your own risk. The Application is provided “AS IS” and Konami is not responsible for its use or misuse. Access to and use of the Application from locations where the Application may be illegal is prohibited, and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, KONAMI DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL (a) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (INCLUDING SUITABILITY OF THE APPLICATION FOR YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THOSE OF ANY OTHER PERSON), (b) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, (c) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE APPLICATION, (d) WARRANTIES RELATING TO OPERATION OF THE APPLICATION (INCLUDING DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, VIRUSES, DEFECTS OR OMISSIONS), (e) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY KONAMI OR ANY THIRD PARTY, AND (f) WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE IN THE COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
KONAMI AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS, AND EACH OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATED ENTITIES AND OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, GENERAL AND LIMITED PARTNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES (COLLECTIVELY WITH KONAMI, THE “KONAMI ENTITIES”) DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE APPLICATION OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE APPLICATION IS HOSTED ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE APPLICATION, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF ANY KONAMI ENTITIES, OR OF ANY FAN, USER OR VISITOR OF OR TO THE APPLICATION, WHETHER MADE IN THE APPLICATION OR USING ANY MATERIALS (SUCH AS SOFTWARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APPLICATION), SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL KONAMI ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR ANY SITE OR SERVICE LINKED FROM THE APPLICATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF KONAMI AND/OR ANY OF THE KONAMI ENTITIES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION OR ANY SITE OR SERVICE LINKED FROM THE APPLICATION EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO KONAMI FOR SUCH ACTIVITY. Some states or countries do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
14. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify Konami, each of the Konami Entities and each of their affiliates and agents from any third-party lawsuits, claims, demands, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of the Application, or your breach or alleged breach of the covenants, representations or warranties of Konami Terms.
15. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION. If you breach Konami Terms or any of the other applicable terms, or if Konami suspects, in Konami’s sole discretion, fraudulent, abusive or unlawful activity associated with your account, Konami may immediately (a) suspend or limit your access to the Application, or (b) terminate your account. In addition, Konami reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Application at any time at our sole discretion, without any further liability to you. If Konami suspends or terminates your account for any reason, you must discontinue any use of the Application, and the right to purchase or use Virtual Goods shall also be suspended or terminated. Notwithstanding any other provision in Konami Terms or other applicable terms to the contrary, Konami reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, suspend, deactivate, remove access to and/or terminate any and all Virtual Goods if Konami suspects, at its sole discretion, that (a) you have used any Virtual Good(s) in violation of Konami Terms, and/or any other applicable terms and/or (b) you have otherwise used any Virtual Good(s) to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.
16. TERMINATION BY YOU. If you delete the Application from your device, your Virtual Goods may no longer be usable. Unless otherwise notified via a separate notification from Konami, you cannot transfer, assign, give away or request refund for your Virtual Goods.
17. Governing Law. You agree that your access to and use of the Application is governed by the laws of Japan without giving effect to any choice of legal rule that would cause application of laws of any jurisdiction other than Japan. All disputes and controversies arising out of or in connection with the Application shall be resolved exclusively by the Tokyo District Court in Tokyo, and you hereto agree to submit to the jurisdiction of said courts and agree that the venue shall lie exclusively with such courts.
18. No Assignment. You may not lend, license, assign or succeed to any third party all or part of your rights, obligations, status or interests to use the Application.
19. Variations Depending on Countries/Regions. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Application itself may vary depending on countries/regions to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
20. Severability. If any provision of these Konami Terms, or the application thereof to any person, place or circumstance, shall be held to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible so as to effect the intent of the parties, or, if incapable of such enforcement, shall be deemed to be deleted from these Konami Terms, and the remainder of these Konami Terms and such provisions as applied to other persons, places and circumstances shall remain in full force and effect.
21. WAIVER. No waiver by Konami of any term, provision or condition of Konami Terms, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instance, shall be deemed to be or be construed as a further or continuing waiver of any such term, provision or condition or as a waiver of any other term, provision or condition of Konami Terms.
22. Contact Information for Inquiries.
The method for making any inquiries concerning Konami Terms is stipulated in the Application.
23. Language. Konami Terms have been prepared in, and will be construed in, the English language. Translated versions have been prepared for the convenience of users whose mother language is the relevant translation language; if there is any discrepancy in the meaning or interpretation between the English version and any translated version of Konami Terms, the meaning and interpretation of Konami Terms prepared in English shall prevail.
24. ADDITIONAL TERMS. This section applies to users who own or control the Application on OS smart devices provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”). In the event of conflict between this section and any other section in Konami Terms, this section shall prevail. In the case where any section in Konami Terms other than this section is less restrictive than this section, this section shall prevail.
24-1. Konami grants you a licence only, for the non-transferable right to download and use the Application for your personal, non-commercial purposes, according to the terms of the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions.
24-2. Apple has no obligation to provide any maintenance and support services for the Application.
24-3. In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Application to you; and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatever with respect to the Application.
24-4. Apple bears no responsibility for any claims by you or a third party related to your possession or use of the Application, including, but not limited to: (i) A claim of product liability; (ii) A claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) A claim arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and (iv) A claim by you or a third party that the Application or the use of the Application by you infringes the intellectual property rights of you or a third party.
24-5. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a ”terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
24-6. The Application is provided by Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., headquartered at 1-11-1 Ginza, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-0061.
24-7. You must comply with any applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the Application.
24-8. You acknowledge and agree that Apple Inc. and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries to Konami Terms, and on your acceptance of Konami Terms, you acknowledge that Apple has the right (and will be deemed to have acknowledged the right) to enforce Konami Terms against you as third-party beneficiary.